The International Educated Midwives Bridging Program (IEMBP) Application Portfolio is designed to help you provide the IEMBP with information for assessing your application against IEMBP Eligibility Requirements set by the College of Midwives of British Columbia (CMBC).
It also allows the IEMBP to tell you how close you are to meeting College of Midwives of British Columbia registration requirements for clinical experience. The UBC IEMBP education component will refer to this information in order to support you in gaining the experience you need during any clinical placement period. Following that, the information is passed on to the CMBC.
Key Points of Information:
- Use the Overview page to access all steps and to view your progress.
- You can proceed through the application in any order.
- Mandatory fields have a red star beside them.
- The “Not Complete” status beside each step will change to “Complete” when you have completed all mandatory questions for that step.
WARNING: The computer does not know how many workplaces you have had, schools you have attended, or places you have been registered, so it will say “Complete” when all the mandatory questions have been completed in all the records you have added to a step. Remember to make sure you add enough records to cover all of your midwifery background.
READ THIS NOW – Don’t Lose your DataWhen using the IEMBP Application Portfolio, be sure to:
- Save often, by clicking on the “Save this Section” button, and check for the green textbox at the top of each page confirming your save. A red textbox will come up if there was a problem with your save.
- Use the navigation buttons provided in the tool – do not use your internet browser buttons (back and forward arrows) to move from page to page.
- Always save before using the “Overview” navigation link at the very top of the page.
- Always uncheck the “remember my password” option in any dialog box from your browser or operating system.
- Log out after each session.
- Close the browser and clear the cache after using a public computer. Click here to find out how to clear the cache.
- Review the eligibility requirements to see if you qualify for the IEMBP.
- Determine if you need pre-requisites.
Prior to starting the education component of IEMBP, all participants must meet requirements for English fluency requirements. We will permit applicants to complete the knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system pre-requisite while registered in the distance education phase one. Pre-requisite courses are available to assist you in meeting these requirements. See the Entry Requirements and the Program Overview pages for more information.
- Look Program Overview pages for more information.
- Look over the Documents on the Support Page, especially the following:
- How to Create a User Account miniguide
- User Guide
- IEMBP Application Policies
- Information about Required Evidence
IMPORTANT: The IEMBP application portfolio is a product of the Multi-jurisdictional Midwifery Bridging Program (MMBP). The MMBP is not functioning at this time. Only midwives wishing to practice in BC are eligible to complete this application. You will note there are several examples within the portfolio application that refer to other jurisdictions than British Columbia. Please ignore these. If you have any questions or concerns about how to complete this process please contact UBC Midwifery (firstname.lastname@example.org). As you are going through the IEMBP Application Portfolio, you may want clarification about what information you are being asked to provide. Look for the “More info” link beside the questions for further explanations, examples and definitions.
The Support page contains links to many helpful documents including More Info: Instructions for Answering Questions, a User Guide, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and IEMBP Application Policies. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for, please contact the IEMBP Advisor – contact information can be found on the Support page.Submitting your IEMBP Application Portfolio
Once you have filled in all mandatory fields in the Part 1: Basic Portfolio Application, a button will appear at the bottom of the Overview page, which will allow you to “finalize” the first part of your application. Your application will undergo and initial assessment and you will be notified if you can proceed to complete Part 2: Expanded Portfolio Application.
Once you have filled in all mandatory fields in the Part 2: Expanded Portfolio Application, a button will appear at the bottom of the Overview page, which will allow you to “finalize” and print your full IEMBP Application Portfolio.
Before you finalize, please ensure that all of the information you have provided is accurate and complete as you will no longer be able to edit your Application Portfolio (except Contact Info, Status in Canada, and Evidence Required) after it is finalized.
The finalization process in Part 2 will create the Mail-in Print Version of the application, which will include a summary of the information you have provided, information about fees and mailing instructions, and places for you to sign and have the application notarized.Working on your IEMBP Application Portfolio
If you have already set up a IEMBP user account for the IEMBP Application Portfolio, log in by using the "Log in to your application" button or by using the "Log in" link at the top of any page, and then entering your username and password.
If you return to this page while you are logged in, there will be a "Go to Overview" button at the top of the page that you can use to go directly to your application.
Reminder: Whenever an internet browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox offers to remember your password, click NO.Getting Started:
If this is your first time accessing the IEMBP Application Portfolio, click on the "Create IEMBP user account" button below, fill out the form, then click on "create new account", and follow the instructions in the email that you receive. Once you have logged in using the log in link in your welcome email and chosen a new password, use the "Welcome" link at the top of the page you are on to return to this page. You will see a "Go to Overview" button at the top of this page. Click it and begin filling in your Application Portfolio following the instructions you find.
Please note that while the generic feminine pronouns have been used in the IEMBP Application Portfolio and its associated documents, the terms “midwife” and “midwives” are meant to include both male and female midwives.